How We Collect Your Information
We collect the email addresses of those who communicate with us via email, aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit, and information volunteered by the consumer (such as survey information and/or site registrations). The information we collect is used to improve the content of our Web pages and the quality of our service, and is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
• It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
Information Gathering and Usage
• When you register for CareerPlug we ask for information such as your name, company name, email address, billing address, credit card information (for paid accounts only).
• CareerPlug uses collected information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, and research.
• A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
• Cookies are required to use the CareerPlug service.
• CareerPlug uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run CareerPlug. Although CareerPlug LLC owns the code, databases, and all rights to the CareerPlug application, you retain all rights to your data. Your personally identifiable information collected is stored and processed in the United States where CareerPlug (or its vendors/partners) currently maintain its computer systems.
• CareerPlug retains personal information and the personal data we process on behalf of our customers for as long as needed to provide the services to customers, job seekers and employees enrolled in those services. We will retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements with customers, and/or the period required by laws in applicable jurisdictions.
• The security of your personal information is important to us. CareerPlug employs procedural and technological measures to protect your personally identifiable information. These measures are reasonably designed to help protect your personally identifiable information from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. CareerPlug may use software, secure socket layer technology (SSL) encryption, password protection, firewalls, internal restrictions and other security measures to help prevent unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information. However, CareerPlug cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat these measures or use your personally identifiable information for improper purposes. Therefore, you should be aware that when you voluntarily display or distribute personally identifiable information, that information could be collected and used by others. CareerPlug is not responsible for the unauthorized use by third parties of information you post or otherwise make available publicly.
CareerPlug may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas or when your actions violate the Terms of Service.
CareerPlug may periodically update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your CareerPlug primary account holder account or by placing a notice on our site.
Updating Your Information
CareerPlug provides an individual that supplies information with the ability to review correct and request the deletion of any of the personally identifiable information that was entered into their profile on the system. To correct or delete any information in a system profile, an individual may update that profile (through their My Account page on the system) or may contact CareerPlug by e-mailing our customer support at support at careerplug.com. Alternatively, you may send a letter with your requested changes, corrections or deletions to the following address shown in the Questions section.