Meet Lori Janko Wilke: a long-standing State Farm Agent from the Illinois Valley. Lori graciously took the time to talk about her experience with CareerPlug and give some hiring advice.
1. How long has your company been using CareerPlug?
I have been using Career Plug for 3 years but it wasn’t until August, 2014 that I fully took advantage of everything available. I am so impressed with all of the tools. I especially loved the one-on-one training with Eric and Ben.
2. How has your hiring process changed since you began using CareerPlug?
[I’ve] utilized the one-on-one training and the experts’ advice has been really beneficial. They helped me determine who to schedule phone interviews with, etc. I am not very techy and I found the whole process extremely easy.
3. What’s the best pieces of advice anyone ever gave you?
Slow to hire, quick to fire. Things don’t always work out how you think.
4. What’s your advice to anyone struggling to hire the right people?
Get help from the experts. When my last person resigned I really had no idea, so Ben taught me to use the weekly evaluations of my current team. This evaluation has given me great insight on why my current team needs for training and focus, etc…
5. What do you value most in your workplace?
I value employees who want to work hard and play hard and also want to be mentored.